The holiday season is synonymous with celebrations and indulging. While we agree a little mindful indulgence is welcome this time of year, we are always looking for easy ways to fit a bit more healthy into the holidays.
This year, we are sharing some of our favorite things in our healthy holiday gift guide. Whether looking for the perfect present for a loved one, or simply hoping to improve your own health habits, these recommendations are sure to please just about anyone.
- Yonanas Ice Cream Maker: For a healthier twist on dessert, check out Yonanas ice cream maker, which turns frozen fruit into soft serve ice cream. Try frozen bananas for a creamy texture and top with cacao nibs or shredded coconut — perfect for kids and adults alike!
- Paderno Spiralizer: Each of the FEED RDs has a spiralizer in her kitchen, and for good reason! Spiralizing veggies is a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen and help keep vegetables fun. Try baking spiralized sweet or white potatoes in place of French fries or make zucchini into zoodles in place of pasta. Whichever you choose, spiralizing is a versatile way to add more vegetables to just about any dish.
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning: A 2017 must-have, this trendy seasoning makes the perfect stocking stuffer or add-on gift for a foodie friend. We love using this in Greek yogurt as a dip for veggies, or on top of smoked salmon. Give it a try for all the everything bagel flavor, without the refined grains and calories!
- Matcha tea and whisk: For the matcha lover in your life, consider a package of matcha tea, complete with the essential matcha whisk for cozy at-home lattes. Filled with antioxidants, matcha is more potent than bagged green tea and packs a stronger flavor. Just be sure to choose unsweetened varieties to avoid added sugars.
- Spiced Nuts: If homemade is more your style, consider trying our FEED-approved spiced nuts recipe for an easy hostess gift. These nuts are filled with plant-based protein and heart-healthy fats, along with a festive kick of sweet and spicy flavor. Try them as an oatmeal or yogurt topping, or serve alongside your holiday cheese board.
As an additional option, consider giving the gift of health this season with nutrition counseling packages from FEED. For the first time, we are offering a special 10% discount for any packages purchased in December. These can be used throughout 2018, and are valid for previous, current and new clients. Contact Lara, Amanda or Kristin, for more details or to schedule an appointment.